Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Mini Meatloaf

Yes, that's right, MINI Meatloaf.

When I can only eat 100 grams (about 4oz) of meat per meal, and I have to weigh it raw, its hard to cook things like meatloaf that are multiple portions at a time. Well, I have found my answer; to meatloaf that is. I love meatloaf, I really do! So when I saw this at Micheal's I was stoked!

A mini casserole dish! It was in the children's area, but suits my needs perfectly. It literally is the PERFECT size for 100 grams of meatloaf.

 Next to my phone for comparison. It's about as big as an iTouch.


I made the following recipes for my meatloaf, completely Phase Two approved!


Ketchup
Ingredients
3 ounces tomato paste
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon celery salt
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon mustard powder
Pinch of nutmeg and clove
Pinch of black pepper
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Stevia to taste

Directions
Dissolve spices in vinegar and lemon juice. Add tomato paste and mix
thoroughly. Add additional lemon juice, vinegar or a little water until
desired consistency is reached.
Makes 2 or more servings (1 vegetable)


Meatloaf
Ingredients
100 grams Ground beef (lean) for each serving
1 serving Melba toast crumbs
1 ketchup recipe (above)
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
Cayenne to taste
¼ teaspoon paprika
Directions
Crush Melba toast into fine powder. Mix with the ground beef, chopped
onion and spices. Place in a baking dish, loaf pan or muffin tin for single
servings. Baste with ketchup recipe mixture and bake at 350 for 15-20
minutes. Cook longer for multiple servings using a loaf pan.

I omitted the Cayenne and added a little Cumin, I like that better. :D


There it is, ready to plop in the oven! I did cook it in there for about 20 min too. All I can say is: I can't wait until tomorrow so I can eat it! Nummy!

1 comments:

julia said...

Awesome!! and so cute.lolHow did it taste, meatloaf is one of my favs too.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2009 Leigh's Landing. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger