Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1st Fondant Cake

I got a few things the other day to start my trip down the baking lane. Tonight, although I have a test to study for, I couldn't help but bust out my new things and see what I could do.  I want to take a class or two and really learn how to decorate cakes, and make them look professional. But until I can really afford them, I am going to play around on my own and watch videos on youtube. Tonight I finished my first attempt.

I made a White Chocolate Cake (a white cake and white chocolate pudding) and a homemade butter cream frosting. The fondant I used was a premade white that I broke up and colored into the pink and blue. I also had gotten some gum paste that I colored and attempted the flowers. They aren't very good, but I will get better.

My brother-in-law is going to give the cake to his girlfriend Abby, she is my taster. :D

1 comments:

Unknown said...

AWESOME CAKE! I seen your link in a thread on Baby Gaga I had posted in and had to take a look. Your greats are great!!

Post a Comment

 

(c)2009 Leigh's Landing. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger