Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

The New Step in my Weight Loss

I am done with my 2nd day of Zumba and I already feel a little sore!

Here is my Zumba set:

I comes with a total of 4 DVDs, 2 hand weights, and a guide book.


Here I am ready in my dorky sweat band, hahaha.



Now, if you didn't read my last Zumba post, or don't remember, Zumba is a workout based on music like Samba, Reggeton, Calypso, ect. It has a lot of moves you won't find in any other gym class. That is part of what I thought was the coolest idea. Using dance music to help people get toned and in shape.

Well, a natural dancer I am not, so when I went through the basic moves and they were teaching me things like (and these are not the names for the moves) pelvic thrusts, booty shake, and chest popping, all the while telling me to 'get loose, feel the music, and shake those hips!"



I felt like a big jiggly fool.




But I didn't stop! By the end of the basics (where they teach me the moves I'll be using) I was sweating and sore. Today I did the 20-min express workout and I still bumbled around some, but I felt the workout and, let me tell you, it is WAYYYY better than running on a treadmill for half an hour.


I may feel idiotic now, but I am not going to give up and I am going to do this EVERYDAY, and before I know it, I'll be fit, skinny, AND able to dance like a pop star!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(c)2009 Leigh's Landing. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger