Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Feeling Fab, 30 Day Shred, and ZUMBA!

Apologies for leaving you without for these last three weeks. After Easter it seems like life just zoomed on past me. Although I am sure, it is mostly family that read this, lol (thanks though to ALL of you who read this!). I have had time to write a blog, but when I do, I am mentally tired and don't want to make my brain work long enough to do a blog, so I just lay down and watch Netflix (the best thing since rentals and reruns).

Well no longer! I may be super tired at the moment, but I am going to write this blog, or so help me.....I'll just go to bed, haha.

First off!
I am no longer doing the HCG Diet. I know that is one of the main things my blog talked about, and I still think it is a great diet, my Mother-in-law is on her second round and is just a few pounds away from her goal and has her bikini bod! Yay Julia! But it turns out that I don't think that I can do it, not because I wasn't following protocol, but when I started Round Two and was following protocol, I started bleeding, like Aunt Flow was here (and I know she wasn't, I'd just seen her the week before). I thought maybe it was my body reacting to weighing less, as that is one thing that being overweight changes, but one day at work I started bleeding very heave and I got shaky, lightheaded, and had blurry vision. After I ate and sat down a bit, I decided that I am not going ot try to keep it up, my body may have done GREAT in round one, but it knew what round two was all about and wasn't going for it.

As discouraging as that is I will not be deterred! Instead I scoured the Internet for the next thing I could do to get to my goal. And I found it, or them! Both things I am getting on amazon and can do at home, so I don't have to worry about fee's or daycare or being opened or closed.
The first thing I got is this:

I already got it and am starting it Monday with once a day workouts, moving up to twice a day work out in a week or two.
But that's not all! I am going to order, get, and make one of the twice a day workouts this:

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't dance, but i like music that makes be wiggle around the house while I clean, and my son LOVES music and dancing to ANY kind of music, so to me its a win-win. This is what Zumba is: (taken from amazon.com)

Zumba Fitness® is the only Latin-inspired dance-fitness program that blends red-hot international music, created by Grammy Award-winning producers, and contagious steps to form a "fitness-party" that is downright addictive. Since its inception in 2001, Zumba Fitness has grown to become the world's largest and most successful dance-fitness program with more than 10 million people of all shapes, sizes, and ages taking weekly Zumba classes in over 90,000 locations across more than 110 countries.
As a fitness instructor in his native Cali, Colombia, the life of Zumba program's founder, Alberto "Beto" Perez, took an unexpected turn one fateful day in the mid-'90s. He darted off to teach an aerobics class and forgot his traditional aerobics music, so he improvised using his own mix of music from tapes he had in his backpack (the salsa and merengue music he grew up with). Spontaneously, he created a new kind of dance-fitness, one that focused on letting the music move you (instead of counting reps over the music). Energy electrified the room; people couldn't stop smiling. His class loved it! And on that day, a revolutionary new fitness concept was born--the Zumba Fitness-Party.
In 2001, Beto brought his new dance-fitness style to Miami, Florida, and, through a student (Alberto Perlman's mom), met entrepreneurs Alberto Perlman and Alberto Aghion. All three hailed from Colombia and all three had a vision to bring this dynamic dance-fitness class to the masses. The three Albertos formed an alliance and created a business, calling it Zumba Fitness. They trademarked the word Zumba® and set a goal to expand the brand all over the world. First came the DVDs, then the infomercial--which introduced the Zumba Fitness-Party to the public on a wide-scale basis. That followed with the demand for Zumba classes and Zumba instructors and then the company took off and the Zumba program expanded in a big way. By 2005, Zumba Fitness spawned a full-fledged Zumba Academy to license Zumba Instructors to teach Zumba classes. More expansion followed with the launch of Zumbawear apparel and accessories, music CDs, and in 2008, one of the bestselling at-home fitness DVD series ever--the Zumba Fitness® Total Body Transformation System--which starred Beto and introduced Zumba Fitness' newest stars, Tanya Beardsley and Gina Grant. In 2010, Zumba shook the ground by being the first branded fitness program to launch a video game on all three major gaming platforms: Wii, Xbox, and PS3.
Fast forward to today, the Zumba program is now taught in gyms and studios all over the world to millions of Zumba enthusiasts. And as the program continues to evolve from its humble beginnings, to a global movement, to a way of life--its growth has only deepened the company's commitment to providing accessible fitness, without the strain, without the sacrifice, just the pure joy of a party.

How sweet does that sound? I love the idea that I will be having fun with music, dancing around my living room and bedroom as an exercise and having fun with my son all at the same time! I am going to order the kit once I get the money from the trade-in I am doing with an old textbook (Yay for textbook trade-in on amazon!) Want a Zumba video?! Here you go! Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set



I am super super excited to get this and start it, ahahaha, and I am sure that my Husband will laugh, roll his eyes, and SECRETLY be jealous of my soon to come dance moves! But he won't argue with the results I am sure I will see!

And I have to share myself with you too! I got a few new things the other day for FREE on craigslist (don't you LOVE free stuff?!?) and I felt fabulous that day too, having just gotten my financial aid and class for my summer semester all settled and taken care of, so I took some pictures! I look good with the 27lbs off, and soon it will be even more!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

(c)2009 Leigh's Landing. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger